led tv has sound but no picture

Well done on your repair. Z. ziffius Novice Member. if (!IE) { return; } Good to know that also Backlight leds can be tested in Diode test to check if they light up. Hi, I'm Paul Blake for Repair.com with some steps to ease you through TV picture loss—from prevention to recognition to next steps when your picture finally does go out.Step 1: Avoid overheating your TVThe lamp inside your TV is responsible for projecting colors and images onto the screen. no pictures on screen but sound is on by mr1sujeet Nov 18, 2017 10:59PM PST miraz LED TV is on but I can't see pictures of the running program can only hear the words,please help me LED has sound but no picture.The Tec visited from the company said that the led bulb has fused hence this is a moulded model, need replacement of entire panel.which is costly. How do you test the voltage rating of an LED in an LED TV? Don’t panic, Candy. I have an LG 42LB5600-UZ that I purchased a power supply for but does the same thing. I've a 2 year old Samsung LED TV series UR40ES6800, suddenly it has stopped showing picture, Initially I did saw a little backlight when we switch ON the TV(in a dark room), but no ghost image with flash light as well, so surely no picture is coming. If you have electronic repair articles to share with us, please contact us HERE. Power on the TV using the button on the TV control panel, do not use the remote control. 0 Likes Reply. This usually indicates the LED backlight have problem. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Now, I think I can give it a try! This kind of problem usually caused by one of the bad backlight LED in the LED bar. if (document.getElementById("af-footer-413914580")) { With just one bad LED, the TV will shut down thus no picture can be seen. if (document.compatMode && document.compatMode == 'BackCompat') { (the power 13 volts ok back light volt each 115 volts). Thanks.good review Good luck restoring picture or shopping for a new TV! Hi, I’ve got an LG LED TV (Model: 55LN5710) that 4 years old and still has splendid picture and sound; however, after a few hours of playing, if I pick up and change channel or, even more frequently, adjust the volume, the TV will turn on and off and eventually stay on. A customer of mine sent to me this BG LED TV with the complaint of have sound but no picture. Learn how your comment data is processed. Question - my 42inch lcd tv is not working has sound but no picture can - DL. Suranga, great repair and very good explanations. […] I've tried using flashlight to check for any picture on the screen but seems like I cannot see any. If that doesn't work, the issue is likely with the TV's lamp.Step 4: Investigate your picture failureFor DLP TVs, picture loss can involve lamp failure. So frequent overheating not only shortens the lamp life, but your TV picture life as well. Model: Zika, A Microwave Oven With Many Faults Repaired. if (document.getElementById("af-header-413914580")) { In online stores, you can buy 3V and 6V SMD LEDs but how do you check the voltage of the LEDs on the TV so you can buy the correct LED replacement? Please advise A good way to rule out one or the other is to get the room as dark as possible and shine a flashlight at the TV from an angle. My parents have a Philips 30PF9946/12 LCD TV which has stopped showing a picture. I tried other channels, but exactly the same. Since I have the LED bar and do not have the single LED thus I replaced the whole LED bar and can keep the remaining good  LEDs for future use. Determining whether your issue is with the lamp or ballast can be tricky without professional help, but if you recently replaced the lamp, the ballast is likely at fault. No video with normal audio on a Smart TV will the result of one of the following issues: A connection issue; the most common problem. When your TV has a black screen even when it's on, it's quite possible it could actually be your external device and not your TV. This kind of problem usually caused by one of the bad backlight LED in the LED bar. Make sure your TV has the recent system software installed. Hi, I have an insignia 50" tv. document.getElementById("af-footer-413914580").className = "af-footer af-quirksMode"; You can also forward this website link to your friends and colleagues-thanks! I shutdown the TV from the remote control , but after I restarted it , there was no picture , only normal sound . That way, you’ll never miss a post. I have lost the picture on my Samsung tv when selecting a program on my entertainment monthly pass, paid for, I get sound only but no picture. so i was wondering if i can use another model of backlights thats compatible with this tv. BN96-26413B Once you have confirmed the LEDs were all working fine and no longer shutdown, you can put back all the parts. Turn on the TV, then make sure that the indicator does not blink (which means the TV has no issues). Does this sound like a bad LED? Required fields are marked *. LCD panel has backlit only and was light gray . There's no SONY logo during startup but there's an obvious very dim light. Can some one let me know what I can do? After switching it on the picture flashes for a second and then the screen goes completely black. FANTASTIC VERY INTERESTING INDEED I ENJOYED IT AND ALREADY REPAIRED MORE THAN 10 LEDS AND MADE SOME MONEY MY CHALLENGE IS TO GET THE SPARES HEREB ZIMBABWE. My best regards. Thanks for sharing your articles Samsung TV has no picture or a black screen A black screen could just be a sign that the TV is turned off, although if it is producing sound then you know that's not the case. } If you break it then the panel can consider useless unless if you know a way to fix it. Is there a way to fix an LCD TV that has sound, but no picture? The other point of failure could be the ballast, which starts up the lamp and keeps it powered. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Note: You may check out previous post about fixing active speaker in the below link: https://jestineyong.com/no-tuning-in-philips-tv-repaired/. 01/07/2018 by Sim Say Hee Use the following guide to determine how to resolve a TV with sound but no picture. In any situation, consider the TV's age and deals on new TVs before deciding.For more tips or to find a qualified service professional, visit us at Repair.com. Try using a different cable to see if your TV picture is restored. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It has sound, but no picture. The TV performed the boot procedure without displaying the animation and Android logo . Hi Suranga, thanks for the illustrative explanation. Reboot it by turning off your TV and unplugging the receiver. A good LED should light up and the bad one will not light up. Zaheedi farjan. Downloads are … Hi, I have a 55 inch lg 55lb6000-uh that i am having a problem finding the backlights that goes to it. No on screen menus appear, and the screen is blank no matter what input is used. Whe I came home in the afternoon, it would click to turn on, red light would flash, but no picture. I can see a quick blip at power on no longer than a half a second with an AC voltage measurement of ~100V peak. When it's switched on, the backlight comes on for a moment but then goes off again. Problems with LCD or LED TV displays are sometimes caused by a faulty HDMI cable. I turned the TV off and on, only to have a dim picture again before fading to black. Turned it on Friday morning and now all I have is sound and no picture. There are several things you can do to fix the picture, or at least determine if the problem is your TV or something else. Took tv to repair shop they said it would cost more to repair than what the tv was worth $6-700 i was suspicious when they said they would keep it and dispose of it as it was worthless Thanks. Nothing. Insignia tv suddenly has no picture but has sound. You share also very interesting information's with as and that are very valuable for persons who deals with such repairing as you do. Connect the disconnected devices one by one to the TV. This LG LED TV was brought to me with the... // Special handling for facebook iOS since it cannot open new windows The tv was working in the morning as my son was playing xbox. Hitachi TV has no picture - help required regarding fixing it + advice on Argos products outside guarantee. } I am not sure which one I buy can someone please help me to solve this problem. BN96-26413c } My SONY LED TV has no picture but it has sound. Wait about 10 seconds before you reconnect the receiver, then restore power to it and your TV. The power led on the front is working and not blinking. My 32' LG LCD TV has suddenly lost picture! I guess it is similar with the TV - a protection mode is created. 6 or 7 months later, the picture started to dim, then go dark. when the TV gets a backlight problem, how does it perform? Step 3: Reboot your receiverIf your picture does quit, first make sure that it's not just your receiver acting up. PLEASE HELP! Sir I have 55uh7700-ub lg tv,the tv power supply light on but no picture black screen. } What is responsible for this. More Videos. @*/false; These were designed to stop over-current of the system and protect the Electronic Control Unit. Symptoms can include hearing sound but not seeing any picture ad/or messages indicating that the picture format is not supported. Be between the best pros as you like now too. Try check out this link https://jestineyong.com/simple-modification-on-sony-led-tv/, Your email address will not be published. Thanks for your article. Maybe that is also a good reason never to test CMOS ICs with a Digital Meter in Diode/Beep test. See the three photos below: True enough I found a bad LED. I have never ventured to open up an LED TV to this extent! This article was prepared for you by Suranga Bandara who owns an Electronics repair shop in Anuradapura, Sri Lanka. Hi Mr.Suranga, you are a very high skilled service person in the field of If your Philips LCD TV has no picture, there are several possible reasons why, most of which are not difficult to remedy. document.getElementById('af-form-413914580').parentElement.removeAttribute('target'); Now, there is no backlight, no picture(as earlier), but the sound is fine. You have valuable knowledge and skills and should be well paid for your work, I have seen it many times here! Thanks, Thanks Mr Suranga for the detailed information. now some led for back light 6 volt which not glow with diode test I suggest test led tester is best for single or hole back light Thanks. I had the same problem. // , How To Repair LED TV Backlight Problem – No Picture. (function() { Where there is a bad connection, faulty cables or improper installation. And good to know that the reason a LCD TV quits can be caused by a single defective Backlight Led. })(); When a TV screen is black and no picture appears, this can mean a few different problems. My TV has no picture, no power, or the LED light blinks/flashes red. No channels. I have a Sanyo lcd tv 37" 720 model dp37647 I have had it since Aug 2007 It was perfect until 2 days ago-- the picture and sound went out -- black screen, no sound. here. No Picture on TV Screen; Procedure for RESET TO DEFAULT. document.getElementById("af-form-413914580").className = 'af-form af-quirksMode'; Your email address will not be published. Sometimes issues can be causes by incorrect HDMI format settings. MORE OFTEN when I went to change input, it would do the same. 1. all in all may I just say, keep up the good work, your reach goes further than you'd ever know.Anderson.South Africa. I have tried powercycle but no go. Once the cover was opened I could see three circuit boards i.e; the power supply board, main board and T-con board see the photo below: I then performed the dc voltage check on the LED backlight connector and found that the DC voltage came for a while and shut down. // ]]> With just one bad LED, the TV will shut down thus no picture can be seen. How can I trick Sony LED TV 32" to make backlight system work normaly as if backlights are connected so that I modify another system to control backlight? I have a Seiki 32" LCD TV (model SE32HY27) that I bought in June 2014. When you are removing the LED TV internal parts be extra careful for the Tab bonding. Once the all the LEDs are exposed, you can check each of the LEDs with your meter by setting the meter to diode mode. Thank you with the information, how much do the back lights cost? Laptop connection in HDMI source not working properly. — Candy, Wilmington, North Carolina. It was a fantastic view when you can see all the LEDs were perfectly lighted. But I have to open the set in order to proof that I’m correct in saying one of the LED backlight could have problem. Philips LCD TVs are no exception. 1. This is the main cause of the TV shut down. Post Reply Featured Video. TV Has Sound But No Picture Troubleshooting Guide - YouTube When you see a light turn on above the icon, that's a sure indication that your backlight lamp's days are numbered. Nice job! I did not open the back yet to check for the ribbons and pins. No video. I see proper voltage from + to chassis, but LED + to - shows nothing.