administrative assistant interview questions

2. As with any inquiry about a weakness during an interview, you want to make sure to answer honestly and sincerely, but still, paint yourself in a positive light.It can be tricky to give a good response, but there are ways to respond effectively. Next, the employer is likely to ask a question or two about why you’re confident you’d do well in the role. These are questions that start with phrases like, “Tell me about a situation where you had to…” and require a specific story or example. 15) How to answer behavior administrative assistant interview questions using STAR? So be ready to provide details about what you did recently as an admin. Next, you can expect a question or two about organization and time management skills. You don’t need to sound like you love this type of scenario, but you do need to sound like you’ve been through it and are comfortable/ready for it. What is the role of an administrative assistant? document.write(thisyear); But only share the numbers if they work in your favor. Read More. What do you enjoy about being an administrative assistant? This question gives you a chance to explain what you're really passionate about and potentially how you want to advance your career. The person who The main thing in administration is competency based which means that the administrative assistant needs to be people oriented and a great listener. Here are eight common questions that may be asked at an administrative assistant interview. (Best Answers), “What are you hoping a new person can bring to this role?”, “Has anyone failed in this position, and why?”, “Can you show me examples of projects that I would be working on?”, “How much interaction with clients or customers will I have?”, “What abilities are most important for a new person in this job?”, “What would success look like in the first three months in this role?”, “What are the biggest challenges for a new person in this role?”, “What have people in this job gone on to do in the company?”, “When can I expect to hear feedback about next steps in the hiring process?”, “When do you expect to make a hiring decision?”. For example, in my last job, I was working in a small start-up environment, handling the schedule for multiple Executives, and enjoyed the challenge. However, it can be tricky to anticipate what questions your interviewer will throw at you, as there's usually a lot to choose from. Applied Online. Administrative assistants do not have a small role by any means. Bubbly? Most employers will want to find out the type of manager you like to work for. So make sure you read until the end! --> Questions about career goals and milestones are typically asked of the candidate during the HR round. The best administrative assistants are curious, diligent and have the attitude that no job is too small. Learned any new software programs? 4. What’s the most interesting project you’ve worked on as an administrative assistant? Show them you’re a candidate who can adapt, and they’ll be more confident in trusting you to work as an admin in their organization. 3. So you should format your answer like this: “I believe the most important skills for an administrative assistant to have are communication, attention to detail, and the ability to work accurately under a tight schedule. That’s one of my favorite tips: To sound like you have a system you follow to overcome complex situations and tasks. Administrative Assistant Interview Questions & Answers. Highlight the Task in which the person was involved. This will help you understand what the hiring manager is looking for. However, if your efforts only saved or earned $50, you might want to let the hiring manager imagination take that one and skip that detail. The administrative interview questions will assess if your candidate has strong computer skills and some administrative assistant experience. Lot of occupations can be labeled with the two words. If in doubt, dress slightly more formally than you think is necessary. Question # 1 Who is Administrative Assistant? That last part is key). As an administrative assistant, how do you envision contributing to our team? If you're faced with this question, try to give specific anecdotes as opposed to generic answers. Senior Administrative Assistants perform an assortment of clerical functions such as typing, printing, and database administration. Get tips to help you recruit the right executive assistant for your team. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. To generate a list of interview questions for an administrative assistant, ask your current administrative assistant to write down each task they do for a week or so. Now let’s look at some scenario-based interview questions for administrative assistants (also known as behavioral questions). That will make them feel confident that you’ll be successful for them. 24. MIKE'S TIP: When you answer any executive assistant interview question with an example, you usually want to quantify the details. Reserved? For example, you could say, “I’ve worked for businesses with very different environments. Boston, MA 02108, © Administrative Assistant Interview Questions And Answers Global Guideline . Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. This is an entry-level position with different support duties. Upbeat? When interviewing Administrative Assistants, the most suitable candidate should be a skilled communicator and problem-solver. 10 % Difficulty 24 Ratings. 7 Administrative Assistant Interview Questions and Answers . Are you more outgoing or a private person? These questions may address either hard or soft skill areas. Be prepared to demonstrate your knowledge in the following areas: You should be able to explain how you organize and manage a daily schedule, including what tools you use, how you set reminders and how you handle scheduling conflicts. Corporate Office Here are eight common questions that may be asked at an administrative assistant interview. If you saved or earned a company $2,000, share that number! Positive. If they ask about how you handle complex projects, tight deadlines and schedules, etc., it’s best to sound like you have a system or plan you follow for each new project. Administrative jobs are necessary in nearly every industry, making them among the hottest positions for employers and job seekers alike. So have a specific reason or two why you chose to apply, based on the job description. 8. How did you solve it? How to Interview and Select an HR Assistant. 10 % Difficulty 24 Ratings. Here are 10 common questions you may have in an interview for an administrative assistant job: What role do you feel the administrative assistant serves in the office? Applied Online. The first type of behavioral interview question to expect as an administrative assistant is something related to deadlines/schedules. An administrative assistant is a person responsible for performing various tasks. Top 30 Administrative Assistant Interview Questions & Answers 1) What is administrative assistant? The interviewer is likely just trying to get a sense of whether you'll fit into the workplace. Other interview questions for administrative assistants. NHS Administrative Assistant Interview Questions. In my last job, I accomplished ___, and based on your job description, it sounds like you need similar work here. 10 frequent non-technical questions for Administrative Assistant: 10 frequent non-technical questions for Administrative Assistant: Administrative Assistant Job Brief: Administrative Assistants play a vital role in the smooth running of any organization, and during the interview, you will need to demonstrate your ability to organize, plan, prioritize and successfully complete all office-related tasks with diligence and professionalism. Administrative Assistant Interview Questions Administrative assistants are usually found in all types of industries. 76 % In Person. Why do you want to work for us? ... 25 Questions to Expect When Interviewing for Administrative Jobs ... executive assistant is indispensable. How do you show initiative on the job? Be sure to include desktop software (like Excel) as well as online software (like Google Calendar). 17 % Negative. How do you handle deadlines when reporting to multiple people? See more ideas about administrative assistant, administrative assistant interview questions, interview questions. Difficulty. Here, we’re going to look at some admin assistant interview tips, followed by some sample admin assistant interview questions. Administrative assistants are found in all types of industries. 12 % Getting an Interview 24 Interview Reviews. Here are the most frequent job interview questions asked by HR managers during initial phone or onsite interviews. Exercise: Organize the following data in any way you see appropriate. 6. 1. Prepare for these 25 admin interview questions if you’re a serious about landing an office support job.